Top Ten revelations about becoming forty:
- Music in 1968 was really good -- Hey Jude, Jumping Jack Flash, and REALLY bad -- Yummy Yummy Yummy, Hurdy Gurdy Man.*)
- 40 is the new 30 (in much the same way Cedric the Entertainer is the new Richard Pryor).
- Buying a 40-pounder of booze is still out of the question. It used to be because of the money. Now it's about the expiry date.
- That sound your knees make when you get out of bed is not breaking bones, but it ain't good.
- Ear hair. Yeah... that's fair.
- Apparently turning 50 is worse. I'm okay with that.
- In 1968, you couldn't put a man on the moon. In 2008... you can't put a man on the moon. Godspeed, John Glenn.
- I am exactly 25 years from my kids realizing how young I was 'back then'. There will still be no hover-cars.
- Most prized birthday present? Sleeping 'til 8:30 on Sunday. By a long-shot.
- Me at 40 definitely beats two of me at 20.
* "90% of everything is crap" - Gene Roddenberry